NewRelic Sphinx Plugin does not has any special configuration file, so you should pass all settings as command line arguments. It support the following configuration parameters:
- sphinx-host - IP or hostname of sphinx server. Default value is 127.0.0.1
- sphinx-port - TCP port, sphinx server listen at. Default value is 9312
- newrelic-license - NewRelic license key. It has not default value.
- verbose - turn on verbose mode. Default value false. In verbose mode plugin print out all packages, sent to newrelic server. Don't use this flag in production.
If plugin does not work as you expected, please, follow this steps:
- Check what server, where plugin is run can connect to NewRelic servers
- Check what its possible to connect to your Sphinx server from the server where agent is run.
- Run NewRelic Sphinx Plugin in debug mode(verbose=true) and check what metrics is collected and sent to NewRelic
- If something goes wrong, please, open issue at github